Allow for about 1 1/2 inches of overlap at each connection. Run the tape measure from the bottom of the lower elbow to the ground, and add 1 1/2 inches for the top joint, where it connects to the elbow, plus another 1 1/2 inches for the joining of the two downspout pieces.
Also know, what is a downspout in a gutter?
A downspout, waterspout, downpipe, drain spout, roof drain pipe, leader is a pipe for carrying rainwater from a rain gutter.
Secondly, what is the best downspout extension?
We have covered some of the best spout extensions that you can buy and rated them with respect to durability & utility.
- Genova AT575 Spout Extensions (15.54$)
- Rainguard 9309W Automatic Downspout Extension(19.95$)
- Suncast SB24 Rain Gutter Downspout (11.20$)
- Adjust-A-Spout Downspout Extension(36.15$)
Where should gutter downspouts be placed?
Here are some guidelines for placement of downspouts:
- As a general rule at least one downspout should be placed per every 40 linear feet of gutter.
- Downspouts should not discharge where water may pool close to the house and foundation.
How do you install gutter downspout drainage?
Step 1: Dig a hole underneath your gutter downspout and place a catch basin in the hole. Step 2: Dig a trench from the catch basin to a curb, creek, alley, or other area where the runoff water can easily drain. Step 3: Fasten a pipe near the bottom of the catch basin and run it along the bottom of the trench.